Re: IML: "Chrysler Imperial" Rose - Most Fragrant

Re: IML: "Chrysler Imperial" Rose - Most Fragrant

JIM LORENZEN <jdlpdx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know what you mean.  They're supposed to be a long stem, single flower variety.  After two seasons they went "wild" and turned into a climber with clusters of flowers.  Not what I had hoped for, still I haven't had the heart to rip them out.
Jim and all of us who have the Chrysler Imperial Roses: these roses should be pruned heavily in February.  I have two planted in front of the garage that houses my Imperials.  I generally prune them back to 2 to 3 foot stalks each February.  This keeps them from going "wild", and also helps keep them healthy.  Try it -- they will like it!  :o)

And for further Imperial content, this rose was used beginning in the 1952 advertising campaign: http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1952/Ads/index.htm

There's even more information about the rose with the 1953 advertisements: http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1953/Ads/index.htm

Thanks,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan