IML: A/C ReVamp - RePlacing Parts?

    I know that this a topic which MANY of us avoid, partially
because of ignorance and partially because of expense (especially
with R-12 systems).  However, if some of ue can do MINOR fixes on
our own cars to get the A/C's up and working, it would be great!
AND we can show off our cars more!
    Obivously, there are those of us who are mechanically
Professional and those of us who are not, some in between.  We
all have our forte's and our weaknesses.  I love to work on the
electrical, but I can replace seals (and failed parts) and follow
instructions very well.  And sometimes EVEN repair parts TOO.  I
am very weak in the A/C area and would like to know a couple of
things about it from those in the know.
    I can be a bit of a perfectionist, and like to do something
ONCE the RIGHT way, because I do NOT want to have to go back and
re-do it to repair failed parts nor stupid mistakes.  NOW, I want
to replace ALL of the seals in the A/C systems of our 93 and 75
Imperials and our 92 Grand Voyager (could be a bit of a pain as
it has DUAL A/C) with the newer GREEN o-rings.  Are they longer
lasting and compatible with ALL refridgerants?  I want to have
the remaining R-12 suctioned out and "washed out".  Does any one
know if Harbour Freight sells an inexpensive Vacuum pump that
will do the job? ( AND what should I look for in one?)  And after
having opened the system to replace the O-RING seals ( with oiled
green ones), are there ANY components which SHOULD BE or MUST BE
replaced for longivity without lose of refridgerant and failed
OLDER parts?
    I am on this at this time as is has been over 100 for
sometime now here in Tucson and I am experiencing over heat in
the 93 caused by a less than proper charge in the A/C system.
Also I want to get the A/C on the 75 working, it came with a
spare plenum and other A/c parts.
    I am looking to charge the systems with FREEZE 12, but I am
not sure how much oil to put into each system.   I was very glad
to here that we have members using FREEZE 12 and have not have
any problems with it.  ALSO, how much ORIGINAL R-12 went into
each system?

I do hope that the answers to this will help many others here in
the US and in other countries.

Æyn & Patrick