IML: 2008 California Statewide Meet

Hi all -

Don't think this has been posted, but this is from the SCIOI club website:

"Our efforts to secure Pasadena for the 25th Annual Statewide Meet were so disappointing we decided to look elsewhere. We (Nannette Clark, Ken Munson and I) spent two days in Bakersfield, which is no longer a town in between two other destinations. We were welcomed with great fan fare from Marry Lewis of the Visitor's Bureau to Lori LaBare and Debora Hill of the Four Points Hotel. Mary's flame of enthusiasm ignited us and Lori and Debora were able to meet all our needs at the hotel. We can now announce Bakersfield as the location of where we (SCIOI) will be hosting our 25th Annual Statewide Meet, on April 24 to 27, 2008."

My regret for not joining the club and having some input in this decision is profound!

Bob