Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:39 PM
Subject: IML: Chrysler History

Hi all -

The historical message below made me think to highly recommend (not news though) the biography of Walter P. Chrysler, "Chrysler - The Life and Times of an Automotive Genius" by Vincent Curcio. I just finished a copy bought at a library sale for $3. There's some Imperial lore in the book, including the tale of how he gifted his mistress in 1930 with two Isotta-Fraschinis, possibly thinking his own Imperials "were not good enough" for her, but apparently were good enough for wife Della and his four children. A true working man, a great leader, but not exactly a saint.

Bob