IML: '64 Front Doors cause "Ching" sound

IML: '64 Front Doors cause "Ching" sound

Christopher;

I believe that your '64 front door hinge arrangements are similar to my '62 model.  They have a spring loaded detent arrangement that allows the user to position the door open at one of two positions.  These spring loaded detent mechanisms develop wear and eventually the spring will even break.  There is a roller associated with a cam arm which moves against the cam as the door is opened and closed.  The roller is held in place by a steel pin  There are some repair kits available which permit you to replace the roller, pin and spring and probably the cam arm too.

Take a look at the repair section on the online Imperial Club website.  I believe the repair details are listed there.

Joe S.

Joseph W. Strickland
1021 Vaughan Lane
Tioga, TX 76271-2937