IML: another Imperial horror story

My horror story involves taking my 58 to a certain brake shop.  Not a national chain but one with several outlets in San Antonio.  They soon deduced they would need a hub puller.  By soon I mean two days later.  I say deduce because I told them they would need one and that there was one in the trunk.  Of course, I should have been standing beside the vehicle with the trunk open.  The phone call went something like this.

Them : Sir, we cannot work on your car but we are prepared to have it towed to any location within the city.

Me :  Why?

Them : The hub puller we used broke and the car is just sitting there hogging up one of our bays.  It's cheaper for us to have it towed somewhere else.

Me : The hub puller I left with you broke?  That thing is used on army trucks.  How could it be broken?

Them :  You left a hub puller?  Uh, well, where do you want us to tow it?

The reason the car was there in the first place was that the owner of the company offered to do it as a donation to the museum.  I had the car hauled there and did the job myself.  With these old cars I have found it is much better to do the job yourself.  Never underestimate the power of a committed individual.

Hugh