From: Eric <gearhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 9:56 pm
Subject: IML: Past Thread About Cold Start Up

A few weeks ago, there was a thread about hard starting and a loss of fuel in the fuel filter of a 60's or 70's Imperial after the car sat for a while. After replacing my leaking fuel pump about a month ago, my '64 fires right up after just one pump of the pedal to set the choke when cold and improved starting in general. I've come to conclude that the fuel smell I would get was the fuel siphoning down from the carb, through the filter, and down thru the leaking fuel pump. My fuel filter was inexplicably empty after sitting for a while, before the fuel pump change as well. It just came to mind that this followed the earlier thread so... there it is.

Eric
1964 Crown Coupe.