IML: Use of Leatherique for dashboard crack repair

IML: Use of Leatherique for dashboard crack repair

I recently used the Leatherique products to repair and restore a portion of my front driver's side leather seat. The job went pretty well.  I probably could have used more crack filler on the worn out areas. Nevertheless it looks a lot better than before.

I am now considering using this product to repair a small crack in the dashboard. It is the same color (black) as my leather seat. The product says it can be used on vinyl and leather. The crack filler is pretty neat stuff. My thought was to insert some black vinyl  leather like material into the crack, apply some glue, then apply the crack filler, do some very careful wet sanding of the filled area and then finish it off with the dye. The dye leaves a glossy finish. To compare, I currently cover the crack with glossy electrical tape...