From: "Rob van der Es" <r.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: iml 60 brake light switch/fuse?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:35:00 +0200

Hmm.. that is a strange story Steve!

I can't see how the temp gauge wiring interacts with the brake lights.Maybe the 12 Volt power supply wire that is going to the voltage regulator inside the temp gauge
has been shorted to ground?
In that case a fuse in the fusebox may have blown, and if the same circuit that is protected by this fuse is also supplying the power for the brake lights you problem might be solved.

So my advise would be to check those fuses in the fusebox first!

 Good luck,

Robert