Re: IML: '56 Steering Gear Leak/2

Paul,

    Thanks for the reply!

    I did use a new cover filter in much the same way you did and lowered the level --what is 'proper level' within these units in relation to the filter?-- as well to prevent what I thought could be 'swooshing' around and leakage down the side of the reservoir, I do have a spare P/S pump which I just examined, and I have found that two bolts from the reservoir to the pump required some turning and after running for 1/2 hour she is not leaking from the top :) ..........but the steering gear leak seems legit.......

Jack