IML: 57-63 soft top question

As many of you know, I have recently completed (ha!) a 61 convertible; even though my personal odyssey with imperials began, for aesthetic preference reasons, with a southampton hardtop of that same year.  It has always seemed to me that the full sails of the convertible lost some of the coherence of design provided by the wraparound rear window of the hardtop, especially as it relates to the 'knee' of the fins.

Today, as I was browsing after enjoying the incredible 1957 Imperial boat photos, I noticed that almost all of the auto-biogrpahy photos of 57-59 Imperial convertibles indeed HAVE wraparound backlites!  I checked the 60-63 and see none that way - just the more conventional (and modern) style.  What's right?  None of the factory photos show the convertible top raised, alas.  Does anyone know if the wraparound back was standard in 57-59, but not after?

Now I'll go nuts wondering if it would look good on the 61!

thanks,
jc

John Corey
CFIC-Qdrive, 302 Tenth St., Troy, NY 12180 USA
518-272-3565 x201
fax: -272-3582