Re: IML: old dealership research Washington D.C.

Re: IML: old dealership research Washington D.C.

Hi folks,

Never thought of Googling my car's dealership!  Found out that L. P. Steuart Inc., of Washington D.C., is now Marten's Cars of Washington.  A Volvo/Volkswagon mega dealer.  I did find out online the history of this 100 year old dealer and that some of the grandchildren are still in the business.  Found obituaries for the son of L.P. Steuart, history of the dealership etc.  I contacted them via e-mail with a liink to my IML page.  I am hoping to find a circa 1960 picture of the dealership.  Maybe one of them putting the LeBaron emblems on my Crown!   I had been told the original dealership was gone so never looked into it.  They were located at 1440 P Street N.W. in Washington at 14th street I believe.  Anyway, I will let everyone know if they respond.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown

chuck milverton <chuck_milverton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Go to the main library and ask for the old telephone directories from that period - they will have the original books or they will be on micro fiche/ film. You will have no problem finding the dealership.

Chuck

David Dimitriou <macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently bought a 58 sedan in San Antonio. It has the faded outline from an old dealership emblem. Sadly the emblem is gone except for the last two letters. Anyhow you can still read:

O.R. Mitchell
San Antonio

Might be D.R. Mitchell, hard to tell.

I'm trying to learn a little more about the history. Anybody have any pointers on where to find out about old car dealerships? I did not have much luck with google on this one.

regards,
Dave

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Building a website is a piece of cake.