IML: Imperial beginnings??

Hi:

Today I saw a listing by Joe Strickland listing a group of Imperials in an RV Storage area in OK.  There was a 1951 Imperial on the list.  I did not know that there were Imperials at that early date.  Can someone share a bit of info on the birth of the Imperial? Does Chrysler still produce the Imperial today?  As an old fogies, my husband and I have not kept up on this subject as we have been so focused on the one ’62 that we currently have, that we have been totally oblivious to others. Is there a good book written on the Imperials from the beginning until about 1965…one with lots of photos and not necessarily loaded with loads of fine print, stats etc.?  We need to be better informed I can see that.

Patricia   Pruitt

28289 Norris Road

Bozeman, Montana 59718

pruittghl@xxxxxxx