RE: IML: Were most Imperials bespoke?

In Salisbury, North Carolina (pop. 20K) we had one Chrysler/Imperial dealer
called Foil Motors.  My dad was a die hard long time Cadillac owner that
seemed to just hate anything Ford including Lincoln that is until one day in
the mountains when his '58 Cadillac Fleetwood 62 series with the 3 dual
barrel carbs backfired and caught the car on fire.  Only ashes remained by
the time the fire dept. got there.  He went back to Foil Motors and ordered
a fully loaded Crown 4 door in Rosewood. From there he never went back to
Caddy and remained an Imperial owner until he died in '82. I think a lot of
the Imperial owners had to do with their loyalty to their maker. You know
"I'm a Chevy man" so you went with Cadillac when you came into some money.
Or I'm a Ford man" so you tool around in your new Lincoln 4 door convertible
and of coarse the "Dodge man" which Petty seemed to mold made you go after
the top of the line Imperial brand. Chrysler has been No. 3 for as long as I
can remember.   Even IKE brought Imperial to the Whitehouse because he was a
Chrysler man.