From: Mark Jefferson <imperialist67@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:40 am
Subject: [RE]IML: What's in your trunk?

I've been working on something like this, and this is a good list..... oh yeah, AND the duct tape.

THANKS for posting

Subject : IML: What's in your trunk?

Date : Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:36:10 -0700

From : Ken Lang <imperialken@xxxxxxxxx>

I happened to be on an outing with some other Mopar owners this past

weekend. As always there was an enjoyable assortment of vintage automobiles

along with my 68 LeBaron.

One of these vintage vehicles happened to develop a mechanical problem with

the brakes. The owner of the vehicle had nothing more in the trunk than a

tire iron. We collectively had plenty of expertise but when it came time to

dig out the tools to work on this problem, there was a huge void. There

weren't enough tools to fix a broken bicycle.

Fortunately, I did have my normal trunk load of goodies.

I never go anywhere without a tool-box full of tools and an assortment of

fluids. Usually in the trunk of my 67 Crown or my 68 LeBaron are the

following:

Gloves (Leather and Latex)

Old pair of coveralls

1 Gallon of motor oil

1 Gallon of water

2 quarts of transmission fluid

1 quart of power steering fluid

1 can of brake fluid

1 set of spare fan belts

1 aerosol can of Brake Clean

1 aerosol can of silicone lubricant

1 roll of blue shop towels

1 funnel

1 flashlight (with fresh batteries)

6 road flares

1 Tool-Box with:

Open end - box wrenches sizes 3/8" to 3/4"

12" cresent wrench

8" cresent wrench

2 pair side cutters (also known as dikes or diagonal cutters)

1 pair regular pliers

1 pair needle nose pliers

1 pair 12" channel lock pliers

1 pair wire strippers

1 pair electrical terminal crimpers

Assortment of allen wrenches

Assortment of Philips and standard screwdrivers

2 3/8" ratchets

Sockets from 5/16" to 1"

Assortment of fuses

Assortment of electrical ring and fork terminals

Electrical tape

Digital multimeter

Ty-wraps (also known as wire-ties)

Additionally I usually carry to most events

2 folding chairs

1 ice chest filled with soft drinks and edible goodies

1 laptop computer (and all the junk & cables that go with it)

Oh yea, there's a spare tire, bumper jack and lug wrench too.

And up front I always have a cell phone and a AAA card. (in case all else

fails)

Ken

67 Crown 4 Dr Ht

68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht