IML: Green Car Blues - thanks for the input, folks.

--- David Barker <dbarker534@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think I'm with Rob on the interior color
> change...but I like the Silver exterior idea.

Well, the silver idea swims into focus IF I follow
Rob's advice and redo the interior, which I just might
do, although I've resisted it so far.  -What the hell?
 The top started out white and is now black, and that
worked out OK.  Changed the entire look of the car, in
fact.

LARGE FILE WARNING:
http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/72%20Coupe/72%20coupe%2007%2007/Side%20View.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that car in Chicago started with
a white top and had it's top changed to black?  I
could swear I saw photos of that car on a rollback
"before" and after 18 months ago or something.  Hope
that the fellow that owns it isn't watching and
feeling like he's taking too much of a drubbing here.
Car looks good enough to me, and it's a tough spot to
be in, as we've seen tonight.

Maybe they sent photos in here or to the website or
something?  I see more photos that the rest of you
guys from the website's inbox (like the 62 COUPE with
a leBaron!!! rear window and cloisienne badging, but
that's a story that's yet to come - we do have the
photos to share...).

I digress.

Silver would not be silver like BMW.  It would be a
faux aluminum with a hint of rivets at the perimeter
edges of each body panel.  Why?

Here's why it'd fit with my "theme" if I decide to go
there:

LARGE FILE WARNING:
http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/72%20Coupe/72%20coupe%2007%2007/Lic%20plate.jpg

As for the guy that told the (very good) story about
his salesman dad's quest for the green 1970?  Good
story, and good logic, except I wound up with his
dad's car(!), so I think I'm covered on that one and
don't need a repeat there....

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1970/Kenyon1970/index.htm

So here's where we stand.

1.  I'm glad I managed to tweak Jim's tail - Hope you
liked that one, my man!  Thanks for being a sport
about it.

2.  I mean this in the nicest way humanly possible,
but the root-beer-brown/green?  -No, but
"interesting".

3.  I think we're down to either the silver fuselage
thing with black interior or a dark Forest Green a-la
Jaguar but with some sort of subtle addative and leave
the interior green.  Black isn't out yet, but it's
only hanging on by a fingernail.  Maybe the hood with
the silver deal?  Dunno.

I had a custom paint job done on a high-end bicycle
with some stuff that was like kandy-apple but was
instead more mettalic, and I don't mean flakes - just
mettalic sheen....  Will have to investigate that
further.  I actually saw a fuselage Plymouth 12-15
years ago - before I got into this stuff - done in
green that way, and it was "OK".  I guess that it will
really come down to whether I want to futz with
spraying the ENTIRE interior of the car black.  I
don't want to try the carpet, but can get around that
with a replacement, I think.

4.  The KYB shocks are really beating the hell out of
me.  Car is seriously firmer, and less pliable over
bumps.  Perhaps it's the lowered stance?  I'll reverse
that first, but the car is really jarring as it is
right now.  I plan to put sway bars on, and there are
two paths on suspension:  Firm without sway-bars and
soft with them.  I think that soft/with might yeild
the ride that I really want - comfort and glide
without lateral wallow.  Stiffer shocks were great
when I was 20 and in my VW, but I'm too used to what
these cars can do now, so if you want some KYB's for
your car, let me know - I doubt that I'd reuse them
elsewhere...

Kenyon Wills