IML: Please Welcome Paul Brubaker

New Subscriber(s): Paul Brubaker
Email Address is: pbrubaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Washington DC Area/Northern Virginia

Car(s) owned: None but hope to buy a 1960 in the next few years.

Self-Introduction: My Grandfather owned a Black 1960 Imperial and my first memories were standing next to him on the bench seat while he was driving at age 3 -- not exactly the safest of moved but this would have been in 1964 -- long before the child safety seat stuff and I would remember him putting his arm out when he was breaking to keep me from lungig forward. He died in late 1964 and my grandmother who did not drive kept the car mothballed in the garage until about 1970 when she gave the car to my Great Uncle. I spent my youth playing in that car. I can still recall in 1964 when we would come around the corner toward the house he would let me push the garage door opener. He also let me push the buttons on the radio and for a 3 year old that was no small thrill. He was a well known and repected pharmacist in Youngstown, Ohio named W. Paul Beil and I am named after him. I loved him and that awesome car that I know he loved so much -- always have and always will. It is my intention to explore ownership of a fully restored 1960 Imperial and will likely buy one in the next few years. I probably would own one alreay if I had a three car garage.