Re: IML: 1955-1956 Desoto Chrysler O Ring Pkg. P/Steering NOS

Re: IML: 1955-1956 Desoto Chrysler O Ring Pkg. P/Steering NOS

Jack...

The idea of putting together a package is nice and could be helpful to many. Remember, however, that TWO PUMPS were used. The Eaton Pump and the Vickers. The Eaton pump has NO DIPSTICK and the large o-ring that seals the cap held on by a steel band with screw in it (this is the one with a filter). The Vickers pump has a dipstick. Which pump is serviced by this part number?

Best regards, Jim

Fellow Imperialist's:

    Might this be the kit that would allow us '55/'56'er's {possibly others} to try and rebuild our P/S units?  And if so, should a member be lucky enough to win, would they be kind enough to share quantities and sizes with the group.   As a plumber with access to untold numbers of O-rings, it is possible I might be able to put together a 'kit' for those of us with the 'generator powered' P/S units for future use....

Jack
1955 New Yorker Deluxe
1956 Imperial