From: Graham Quimby <ghquimby@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 6:56 pm
Subject: IML: 62 Engine Status

Fellow Imperialists,

Thanks to all of you who gave me such good advice about what to do with
my porous engine and blowby. Based on the opinions collected from the
list, the next time I have the car in for service, I will have a
compression test done.

I am going to try and save the original engine for now. I'm going to
try and JB Weld the porous area of the block. If that fails, I'll
probably look for a replacement 413, but I will put that off as long as
I can.

The oil consumption problem seems to be correcting itself, at least a
little bit. I'll put some more highway miles on it and see if it helps.

After further reading, I don't think I have a serious blowby problem; I
just need to install PCV. I looked at my Carter AFB, and the hole where
the PCV tube would go looks like it is not punched through and there are
no threads. Do I need a different carb to install PCV? Also, where can
I find a PCV cap to replace the current breather cap connected to the
draft tube?

Thanks,
Graham Quimby
1962 Caramel 2dr Hardtop