RE: IML: 57 58 Question

Nevermind...gad. Thankfully the email this one refers to never made it to the list as it was rejected due to size. Sheesh, makes me think of the IBM Thinkpad commercial from a while back.

Unsend, UNSEND.

regards,
Dave

David Dimitriou <macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Doh! I'm really sorry. That reply was supposed to be off-list. Again, I'm sorry about the pictures that most if not all of you did not want.

regards,
Dave

David Dimitriou <macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Frédéric,
My 57 had the diamonds as well. They were missing on my 58.  I have also bought 3 on ebay. The pair was listed as 1957 and had they had the swirl pattern. The listing for the single one did not indicate which year it actually came from. It had the diamond pattern. I have attached a picture of both types.

So now I have lots of spares and a decision to make. Whether I prefer the diamond or the swirl? Ah well I have plenty of time. My question was mainly out of curiosity.

I discovered today a small amount of rust damage at the base of the rear windshield. It will  need some attention, but should be manageable.

I have also attached a picture of the new headliner I installed in my Buick. I purchased it from SMS. I am very pleased with the quality. I did however have to wait a very long time to get it from them. Do you like the headliner that you got from SMS for your Imperial?

Perhaps you could share any tips you may have learned from the installation. I learned many difficult lessons when I did the one for my Buick. It is not an easy task. So any knowledge I could gain from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

I have examined the way the headliner is secured in the 58 Imperial Sedan. It seems quite complex and very different from the means used on the Buick.

all the best,
Dave

Frederic Mardon <fmardon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Dave,

As far as I know, there are indeed those 2 patterns, but I think no one can
really say if they are exclusive to one year or another ... My car has the
diamond shapes. It's a 1958 car built in 1957.

Frédéric