Re: IML: Mail not seen

Alan, (and I'm posting this to the list for the
benefit of all):

The mailing list is automated to a great degree.
We can manually intervene if needed, but try to coax
folks to take things on as they see fit first.

Almost all challenges like this are solvable.

1.  Go to the club website and unsubscribe.

2.  take a break and then come back and resubscribe
just like you were joining for the first time.  This
will often wash out whatever monkey business is
causing this in the automated system.

People swear that they joined as xx@xxxxxx and we wind
up seeing yy@xxxxxx next to their name instead, and
they're wondering why xx@xxxxxx isn't an authorized
poster!  You can only post from an email address that
we've authorizzed (at your request).

3.  If this fails to satisfy, please check your spam
filter.  Lets say that you didn't like my or another
person's line of thinking and hit the SPAM button
instead of delete.  Since my message came from
MAILINGLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and not technically
directly from "me" or whatever, your machinery is now
set to block stuff from the server, and not just from
the intended author, since we're all branded as the
same after passing through the Imperial Mailing List
server.

4.  Some email services get cranky with our format.
AOL in particular and some overseas folks get real
challenges.  Solution here is to switch over to Gmail,
yahoomail, or some such.   I use this and despite
having 1 message in 30 disappear, it works well and
has since 1999 for me.

Anyway, the DIY subscribe/unsubscribe thing works
best.

If you've not gotten a pointed letter expressing our
official disappointment in a specific instance, the
club DOES NOT randomly target or rject people, so when
things aren't right, you can safely presume that it's
an automated glitch, and not a disciplinary thing (not
that you thought it was).

Try the un/re thing and write to the website if that
fails - the rest of the gang here can't help with the
exception of the one or two others that are on the
website staff already anyway.

-Kenyon

--- alan1416@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I sure wish that the mail I send to the list would
> show up.  I maybe see 1 out of every 6 e-mails a
> reply to try-en to help out. O well I just keep
> sending my question and my reply to the great
> unknown.
>
> --
> Alan Jordan
> 90 IMP