Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '73 Heater Core

Thanks ayn, I turned the web inside and out somehow I
missed it on ebay.

Anyone with Chrysler parts book able to verify part
number 3579169 is the right heater core for a 73
Imperial with ATC II?

Thanks,

Tim Durrer
73 Blue Sky (still has antifreeze green carpet!)

--- Joe Strickland <jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim;

You might check with NAPA parts stores.  I had good
success with them in the past.  Another possibility
is the CarQuest parts stores.  Have you tried some
of the vendors listed on the club website?

I had the heater core of my '62 re-cored years ago
at a radiator shop in the Dallas area.  Some of the
local radiator shops will do a job that fully rivals
 a new one, plus you don't have the issue of having
to drill holes or cut anything to make it fit your
car.  Many new replacements are made to fit a number
of car lines and do not always fit exactly as the
original units.

Often the result of dealing with a parts store
depends upon the person over the counter and how
co=operative they are in searching their books (not
just a computer) to see if parts are really
available.  Some clerks are really helpful and
others are not.

Good luck.

Joseph W. Strickland
1021 Vaughan Lane
Tioga, TX 76271-2937

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and
attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to
iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to