IML: '61 Imperial Recipe

I Googled banana liqueur this evening and came across a weird Imperial connection. I had watched the DVD of "Evil Under the Sun" with my 12 year-old daughter tonight, and she asked me what banana liqueur was after Hercule Poiroit ordered some on screen.
The Google link took me to this:
'61 Imperial recipe
'61 Imperial is a tropical cocktail created by Porfirio (Steve) Alva, Stockton, California and named after his 1961 Chrysler Imperial, a most outlandish design year, hence, most outlandish cocktail. The '61 is a popular serving at his summer poolside parties.

1/2 oz white rum

1/2 oz vodka

1/2 oz 151 proof rum

1/2 oz crème de bananes

1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur

4 oz pineapple juice

In a tall chimney glass or hurricane glass, fill with cubed ice; add all liquor except the blue curacao. Add the pineapple juice, stir well, and float the blue curacao on top. Garnish with a pineapple slice and a maraschino cherry, and serve.

I find that most things Imperial have already been discussed in this Club, so forgive me if this drink recipe is old news. Just in case, however, I thought I'd send it on. Check it out at http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink8428.html

I don't think I'll be serving this at home anytime soon, as I don't keep Blue Curacao or "crème de bananas" on hand, but I'd sure like to try one the next time I want to get plastered!

Patrick Moore

Covington, Louisiana

'58 Southampton (project)