IML: Hub Puler for tapered axles

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about removing the rear drums on my '62 and provided information about hub/drum pullers.

I located a suitable one, No. OTC 7394 and extra legs No. OTC 32937 at an on-line tool company, etoolcart.com.  The unit is similar to a Snap-On Tool No. CJ129A, but about $10 less for the basic tool (extra arms add more).  I did not get a good response from the Snap-On Tool representative I was referred to.  He seemed to believe I did not know what I was asking for (did not understand that these older cars require pullers to get the drums off).  The tool is made by the SPX Tool Co., who bought Miller Special Tool Co. back in the early '90s.

The extra legs for the puller will help keep the pressure applying bolt well centered and make the job safer as a result.

Joseph W. Strickland
1021 Vaughan Lane
Tioga, TX 76271-2937