From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 3:17 pm
Subject: Re: IML: '62 Brake Hoses

--- Joe Strickland <jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now begins the task of repairing the brakes on my
'62 Custom and getting it in shape to drive once
more.  It will be interesting to see what shape the
wheel and master cylinders are in.

Joe,

Don't want to nag, but, Ummm, shall I infer from
reading this that you have not purchased master and
wheel cylinders because you're hoping to perhaps
continue to use what's there?

These things aren't date-stamped and I bet they're 45
years old or indistinguishable from such, so why
gamble on old parts that you need to have just right
every time they are deployed?

One seal failure in 9 and you're converted into an
ICBM with Joe-guided targeting.

Do it all.  Then it's done done done.  At 45 years
old, it's about restoration, not maintenance.

Kenyon Wills