Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:14 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Budd brake help needed (again)

Well, I had my "brake" light come on a couple a times now on my 67 300. I checked the fluid in the master and it is full. I had the car in my friends shop. He looked things over, said everything "looks" fine.

It has come on momentarily when depressing the brake pedal after first starting the car. Light goes out almost immediately, and brakes feel normal. It happened when driving tonite....going 65 or so...decided to make a left into a gas station. Got in the turning lane and ....brake pedal goes to floor momentarily and light comes on. Then returns to normal and I stop OK after a bit of a scare...What's up with this??

It's a Budd disc brake car and a 2 months and 1,500 miles ago I had most of the system restored.

New master
new booster
re-built calipers from Calipers ON Line (SS sleeved)
new flexible brake hoses front and rear
new wheel cylinders for the rear brakes
Flushed, filled and hopfully completly bleed with Valvoline Synthetic DOT 4 brake fluid
Only things not new are rear brake drums and shoes, the brake metal lines, and the porportioning/splitter valve that actually activates the brake light.