Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: IML: SV: '62 Identifying Brake Shoes

The Primary or leading brake shoe's lining material is shorter. This is the front shoe of the wheel being worked on. The rear shoe's lining material is longer. This hold true for both front and rear brake shoes on a drum brake set up or rear drum &front disc setup.  The FSM shows a clear picture to aid you.The metal portion is the same for both primary & secondary shoes. I would recomend you save your old shoes & have them relined.

George