IML: Please Welcome Michael D. Alexander

IML: Please Welcome Michael D. Alexander

New Subscriber(s): Michael D. Alexander
Email Address is: mistermda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: South Florida

Car(s) owned: 1952 FOUR DOOR SEDAN (BLACK WITH GREY BROADCLOTH INTERIOR)

Self-Introduction: When I was a kid back in 1969 I happened to be employed as an outside agitator at the U of F. By chance I saw an old black car out back of the laundromat. (I can now afford a washing machine)

I inquired if it was for sale, though it had no sign. I had already fallen in love at first sight with a beatiful black four door sedan 1954 Chrysler Imperial with 63,363 miles. When I removed the seat covers I found the original grey broadcloth. I wish I had put them right back on! It was for sale, I bought it for $500, and drove it over the Rockies to California in the middle of summer.

Three weeks ago I was on E-Bay without my wife knowing, just checking out Imperials. Well, what do you know, a 1952 Imperial was not meeting the reserve amd the no one wanted to pay more than
$15,100.
I called the fellow in Eugene, Oregon who had bought the car at auction in Nevada. It had been a one owner in Parthump, Nevada for over 50 years. It had 11,000 original miles. Not 111,000, it has an oil change sticker in the doorjam dated 1960 with 8600 miles. The car looks and drives like it came off the showroom floor.

We flew to Oregon and bought the car, and my wonderful wife and i spent a glorious week in San Francisco and northern California visiting old friends who drove with me in the 1954 35 years ago. So two Imperials took me to California 35 years apart.

And the second one is safely in my garage in Lake Worth, FL.

Interesting story isn't it?!

I put 200,000 miles on it with no repairs but a new left axle. It broke my heart to leave it and her sister patts car ( white twin with red leather)