Re: IML: Exhaust Heat Riser Valve Issues

A then five cent bottle of what later became Classic Coca Cola cured the reluctant riser on my Pontiac 8--carried out by a very kind Pontiac Dealer Tech at an age where I may have been taken in by the garage I first visited (who somehow had the service business to maintain the county sheriff's fleet of 1949 and 1950 Pontiacs. The kind man even took two swallows of the coke before dribbling the rest carefully while working the part....my three Imperials have never had the problem

----- Original Message ----- From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Exhaust Heat Riser Valve Issues

Penetrating oil works well. Some valves haven't been serviced for so
long that they are not going to be freed up using one of these
products. The products work well to keep the valve from becoming stuck,
but not necessarily to unstick a stuck valve. This usually requires
repair, which usually requires removal of the manifold.

Paul W.