From: "Klebert L. Hall" <crocuta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Wheel width
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:23:09 -0400

From: "marc boulanger" <yeuxverts1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: wheel width

Does someone know for sure the wheel width on 59-66 IMPS ?
my 59 spare ( 14 inch I now want to change to 15 inch) measures 7 inches
wide.
I am told all rims from 60-66 fit. But it seems those are 6 inch wide...
Are they indeed 6 inch wide?

I don't know the width of the '60-'66 rims, and I don't have an old enough car to go check, unfortunately.

Will that fit anyway on a car planned to get 7 inch wide wheels?
Thanks

They'll fit, but they'll restrict you to a smaller tire size. I would tend to want as large a tire as possible, but it isn't critical - do you do a lot of high-speed driving?
      -Kle.
      '69 Crown 4DHT (in temproray repose)