IML: Doc Bullock visit

      I had the pleasure of going down South a few weekends ago, SW of San Jose, CA, to Doc Bullock's barn. Kenyon met me down there to get a center link assy for my 59. I had pictured the place as a big field out in the country with a barn in the middle of it. What a surprise to find that Doc lives in a residential area. His back yard was not that large, maybe a little more then an acre. I don't know how he ever fit over 120 Imperials out there. The barn was still filled with parts although they tell me it is almost empty compared to what it was. Even Doc said, "we used to have a lot of parts here". Doc was puttering about, raking some pot holes in the driveway (at 90 something), when I asked him what his favorite Imperial was? After a long pause, I could see him going through the rolodex of cars he had in his head, and then a big smile came to his face and he said "the 66 LeBaron". I hung out with Kenyon for about an hour helping some workers remove a Navy generator from the yard, then we were off the Kenyon's place to see the seventh fleet.
  Kenyon's cars were very interesting and impressive. I was never that interested in the 70's Imperials until I saw the few that Kenyon has. I have a new found respect for them. I really liked the 55 he had, I had never seen one in person before. I can't wait to see the 60 he has restored to its original condition. The 60's ones were cool of course. Thanks for the help Kenyon.

Marty Trendler
1959 Imperial LaBaron 4 Door Sedan