From: mopar413@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: randalpark@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 6:27 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Re-installing brake drums on '62

---- randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:
The adjusters must be backed off completely. You can watch this
action
with the drums off to be sure the shoes are in the correct position.
highly recommend arcing the shoes. That will maximize the
effectiveness
of the braking surface. This is a step often missed and then the
blaming poor performance on the design rather than the workmanship of
the overhaul.

Paul W.
Funny that you guys are talking about arcing the brakes shoes. I
haven't
heard or done that for years. Used to be a thing that you did as a matter of course. I have wwworked as a mechanic off and on for years. Even used to bond shoes to the metal . Don'g know if any one even does that anymore or if anyone around here had a way to arc shoes. They really need to make sure that the wheel cyclinder rods are fully in the wheel cyclinder. Make sure that
springs are on correct. And not hanging up on anything.