Re: IML: Lean burn and exhaust help...

Keep your eyes on WHATS NEW.

Someone volunteered a manual on the LB system that
they say zipped their car from 12 to 19 mpg.  They
seem to think it's a big deal, this info.

No word on when it will arrive, nor how long it will
take to be digested and posted by the website
volunteers, but it likely won't be all that soon.

When I get it scanned and in its raw form (giant file
sizes), I'll post a message to the group, although it
will be rough and NOT convenient.  Hopefully this will
help on this often misunderstood part of late 1970's
Chrysler technology.

-Kenyon

--- "Thomas A.Nedelka" <eesigns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If anyone can help..I have a 78 NYB with 400/4bbl
> and lean burn.  The car cameout of Calgary two
> summers ago with only 10,500 original miles/1 owner.
> I am trying to keep it as original as possible.  I
> had the carb rebuilt by a top Chrysler mechanic, and
> it has helped the roughness off idle, but not solved
> it.  He replaced the Throttle Positioning Sensor as
> it was not sending any signal, and reports that the
> other sensors that feed the Lean Burn are working,
> so the rule is then to go to the Lean Burn box.  IT
> is part # 4111278, both from the book and from the
> existing box.  I do have the Lean Burn replacement
> kit, but prefer not to use it.  Any idea where I can
> get this, or get it repaired?
>
> Also, the tail pipe separated at the muffler, and I
> want to replace it all from the Y pipe
> back(extension, muffler, resonator, etc) to get it
> right and keep as original as possible. The car was
> build for Canada, and does not seem to have had a
> Cat Converter.
>
> The car now has about 20,000 miles, with almost all
> original parts, and paint.  It is stunning,
> including the factory sunroof.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
> Tom

> response will be