Re: IML: 413 Motor and transmission

Rodger is correct about the trans, and torque converter.As long as it's a long tail shaft trans. However the 361-413 motor home /industrial, HD truck engines can be used for automotive use.You would need to change pistons, cam,heads, exhaust manifolds,intake manifold, and water pump housing.361-413 engines were 7.5:1 compression, 400-440 were 8.2, same as cars, as well as all other components, except exhaust manifolds.Some motor home, and HD trucks also had the A-345 4spd automatic trans.If you need an engine, and don't care about the block casting date, then by all means use it.Ya'll have a nice day, Dave.

From: "RODGER D. REDDISH" <FltSgt@xxxxxxx>
Tom

It is a very good price for the package ... but.  The motor home 383, 400, 413 or 440 has nuthin for an compression ratio, heads that are from the Tank Division ( and exhaust manifolds ) with the water pump unit unique to this set up.

If one was to swap the heads, exh manifolds, cam and the water pump unit for the car or pick up truck style, they will still a lower powered engine that what other Imperial cars will have of the same era since it is an 413.

The transmission and torque convertor are keepers though for any Imperial.

Rodger & Gabby
COS