Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. August 2007 15:10
An: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: IML: How to line up the steering column jacket of a 60 IMP?

HI Folks,

I have a question about the steering column jacket of my 1960 Imperial.
You see, since I bought my car 2 years ago I have to cancel my turn signal
switch by hand.
My horns weren't working either.
The problem was  a missing turnsignal cancellation switch that also has the
brass roller that acts as a conductor for the horn wire.

The horn problem was temporarily solved by running a separate wire form the
contact in the steeringwheel pad to the horn relay..

A couple of days ago I tried to install my brand new NOS turn signal
cancellation switch but I noticed that the nylon cam inside the column
doesn't
line up with the hole in the outer jacket.
So the switch won't work this way.

Does anyone have an idea how I can correct this problem ?
Ofcourse I can use a small cutting wheel and make a new access hole in the
steering column outside jacket, but I don't like the idea too much...
Is there a way to align the outer jacket again with the nylon cam that
operates the cancellation switch?

Many thanks,

Robert
1960 Imperial