IML: 61 Brake Lights, I am stumped

I went to get my inspection sticker and found out I don't have brake lights. I have power to the brake light switch. I tried eliminating the switch and connected the switch leads, still no brake lights. I know the bulbs are good because I have turn signals and running lights and all the fillaments are good and light. I cleaned the sockets and ground path in taillights. I tried wiggling the turn signal switch while applying the brakes to see if the switch was going bad but that didn't change anything. I am stumped and don't know where else to look, any suggestion are welcome as I am at my wits end.
                                                                     Frank