Re: IML: How to line up the steering column jacket of a 60 IMP?

Re: IML: How to line up the steering column jacket of a 60 IMP?

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your helpfull answer! So you have taken your column apart 3 times.., that makes you 3 times as brave
as Kenyon I guess LOL

And since you live in Atlanta the only addiction that was needed was Coke (and I mean Coca Cola..) and not crack :)

You might well be right that something has slipped, I know for sure that the previous owner had rebuild the brake booster some years ago. Ofcourse I don't know what he has taken apart that time...

I will look under the master cylinder for that clamp bolt (what a nice to reach area btw....)

And yes ,those two little screws (on my car there are 2) are also quite a challenge to set, I will have a look under the sheet metal cover (I guess you mean that large cover with 3 large Philps screws) : if memory
servers me well there is also a clamp that holds the outer jacket.

I will keep you updated about my progress :)

All the best,

Rob