Re: IML: 61 Brake Lights, I am stumped

    I am close to fixing the problem. I really had two problems. The brake switch leads had high resistance. The voltage was good enough to light my test light but the amperage was too low to light the bulbs. I cut off the oxidized wire ends and soldered new bullet terminals on the clean wire. When I touched the leads together I had nice bright brake lights which didn't work before when I shorted the leads. I thought I would be all set after I hooked up the brake light switch but still no lights. So now I know for sure I have a bad break light switch. I am having a tough time removing it though. Is there a special tool for these switches or do I just use some pliers ?

GeoNort@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have to agree with Ken I feel your problem is turn switch related.

George