Re: IML: Lead Additive

I just have to jump in when I saw those figures about octane ratings...
I always wonder why gasoline in the US is so cheap whe you compare it with the price in my country.
Gasoline will cost three times as much overhere, you see.

I lifted this from about.com
Gasoline pumps typically post octane numbers as an average of two different values. Often you may see the octane rating quoted as (R+M)/2. One value is the research octane number (RON), which is determined with a test engine running at a low speed of 600 rpm. The other value is the motor octane number (MON), which is determined with a test engine running at a higher speed of 900 rpm. If, for example, a gasoline has an RON of 98 and a MON of 90, then the posted octane number would be the average of the two values or 94.

I think the difference you are seeing between your octane numbers an the ones used in the USA are just different ways of calculating the octane.

Steve B.