Sent: 9/5/2007 11:43:03 AM
Subject: IML: about '59 Flite sweep deck lid

Hi,
After the 11.00 x 14 tires (i note that nobody could confirm if these tires were really availabe in 1959 ..) i 've another question about the false spare wheel ornament, the "flite sweep deck lid". I know that each year from 57 to 59 there was some differences about molding, "wheelcover" , even if the lid and the stamped shape is the same.

I've a friend who has bought some months ago a "magnifique" persian pink 2dr H/T and he worries about the trunk lid.

- he thinks  the center "eagle" insert is missing. I've found today a '59 pic from ebay and indeed ther's an emblem in the eagle. Who has the reference and is this emblem the same as the one found on the rings ?
- Seems also that the stamped "cover" isn't the same on these 2 '59 Imperial. Who has the right ?
http://www.ch300imp.com/59imp-pa/index.html

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) :   http://www.ch300imp.com