IML: Trials & Tribulations

     On my return from the Santa Cruz  IMP Meet I popped a freeze plug &
had the car  returned home ignobly on a flat bed.
Fortunately, I don't believe any engine damage occurred as I shut the
engine down when the heat gauge suggested it was the thing to do. I've
replaced the freeze plug & ran the engine in the garage
with normal temp  indicated.
    "End of problems"? NO! I discovered
the differential oil seal leaking, which I am attempting to repair at
the present. Not an
easy job as I have not found a tool to
remove the seal. Fortunately  I have a spare complete rear end which
allowed me to experiment and remove that seal before replacing the seal
presently in the car. I will help any one who has this problem. I have a
Dealers Parts Book
(54 & Prior) and Hollander Interchange      Manual 1926 to 1948 for help
in finding part numbers.  I also have a 1936 to 1942
Chry. condensed Master Parts book for all Chrys.products of that era.
I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger
and am eagerly awaiting my next surprise!

Cheers to All                                                  Jim

  http://www.imperialclub.com/yr/1939/limo/martin/index.htm