IML: 1953 Imperial on eBay

I'm very familiar with the Imperial that sold recently on eBay as it was restored at the same time as my '54.  The same shop did the body/paint work and the same upholsterer did his interior.  His car did not have all of its original A/C components as the condenser and compressor had been replaced with modern items along with a hang-on unit.  I'm not sure if he was able to locate the original items--the pic on the listing didn't show anything ahead of the radiator.  The sale price was more than three times the money that Dick got when he sold it in Phoenix a few years back.
Fun story--A number of years ago I lead a caravan of local club members from Phoenix out to Wickenburg for a Valentine's Day brunch at a dude ranch.  Dick and Dave decided not to caravan with us but would join us there.  As I pulled up to a T intersection about 10 miles from Wickenburg, along come the other two Imperials.  Once I got up to speed on the highway, they fell into line behind me, so we had three big, bad black (well, Dave's was dark blue) Imperials roar thru town on the way to brunch.  I'm sure the locals must have thought that the Chicago boys were in town!
By the way, I'll have my '54 at Hershey before I head home with her on the final leg of a journey of around 8000 miles this year,  I left Phoenix in May bound for Atlanta, then on to Maine for my sister's wedding, to Michigan for the Airflow meet, then Chicago for the WPC meet.  I was very surprised when she took best in class over a very flashy red '53 New Yorker convertible.  Wait, there's more.....next on to Moline for an AACA meet, then to Milwaukee for their very nice Masterpiece Concours, finally, she's resting comfortably near Pittsburgh where I'll pick her up next month to drive her to Hershey.  Of all the goofy comments one can hear when travelling with an old car, I did have one lady toll collector who got the year correct!
See 'ya out on the road......
Roger