Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:29 PM
To: mailing-list Imperial
Subject: IML: 65 Imperial convert vs 67 Lincoln convert

Yesterday I was traveling west on I-84 through the Columbia Gorge in my newly painted mist blue 1965 Imperial convertible.  In the middle of nowhere a light yellow 1967 Lincoln convertible merged onto the interstate right alongside me.  We traveled for several miles towards Portland and it was quite a lot of fun, especially considering the rarity (outside of a car show) of seeing two rare Engel-era convertibles together.

I know the 66/67 Lincolns are the third generation of that design but still Engel as far as I'm concerned.  Two great cars but I'll admit to favoring the Imperial's style over the Lincoln, of course I always seem to prefer Imperial's styling when compared to just about anything from Lincoln and Cadillac (just a little biased).

Bryan