From: Joe Strickland <jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 4:07 pm
Subject: IML: Imperial Love/Hate Relationships

My '62 was acquired about a year following the death of a good friend. The owner had willed it to his live-in nurse/housekeeper. She drove it about a year when the steering pitman arm broke on it while it was sitting in the driveway. What luck! Anyway she no longer trusted the car after another friend and I managed to find a used pitman arm. She sold the car to me for $25.00! She knew I liked the old car and it had a sentimental value to me. However, when I drove the car home, my wife took a very dim view of having it around. We had a two car garage and only one car that sat in the garage, so the Imperial went inside. After some time went by and we made some local driving trips in the old car my wife decided she liked it after all. It always attracted lots of attention. She reminded me a few months ago that I needed to get the old car running again. How's that for an understanding and encouraging wife! That began my recent efforts toward getting the car roadworthy again. Lots of tasks lie ahead, but they will be done with love and care.

Joe