Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:31 AM
Subject: Re: IML: help

Perhaps the ignition coil is faulty once it gets hot.....
On Sep 10, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Greg Krueger wrote:

After my 68 imperial has warmed up from running about 15 minutes it occasionally will not start for about 20 minutes.  I have done a lot of work to try to fix this.  I removed the intake manifold, replaced the valley pan and painted the manifold.  I installed a spacer between the carb and adjusted the floats in the carb.  I checked the heat riser, it is broken and laying in what i assume is the open position, all the way back and it does not move when i rev the engine.  Also the heat running through the manifold exhaust port makes the manifold so hot it discolored my engine paint job! I checked and the exhaust ports in the heads and manifold are free and clear of obstruction .  I do not know what to do now! please help
Make your little one a shining star! Shine on!