IML: Sway Bars

Kenyon -

You probably should look at road racing prep books. I have a collection of Mopar leaflets from the '70s which were collected into a "Racing Manual". The one for road racing and rally prep for the '64-'69 Barracuda/Valiant/Dart shows three sway bars from .88"-1.00", with the largest having a Roll Rate of 100/lb/degree. It states:

1" or larger sway bar may be made up locally using SAE 5160 stock, or if not available, SAE 1060 will do. Heat, bend and let cool without quench.

I'd suspect you could scale up from these specs using the relative weights of the Valiant and Imperial. The Valiant, etc. was fairly successful in these events, driven by Dan Gurney, among others.

Bob