Re: IML: Imperial love / hate relationship

O the garage depth, I did a 25 foot deep for my 8 car garage and wished I did a 30 foot deep. My work bench, installed after we built, is not enough walk around room, front or back with the garage doors closed. Just a tip from experience for you to consider a few extra feet. Ya need a work bence. Mine is 85 feet long, or should I say wide. It is not enough. joe machado

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Scott <shelbyguy@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 2:12 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial love / hate relationship

Hugh,
I feel your pain with small garages. My wife and I decided to relocate (retire?) to Myrtle Beach, SC. We went down last April to do some house hunting but I quickly became disappointed with the 19' garages which were common. Upon arrival at each of the 50 or so houses we looked at, the first stop was the garage and a quick measurement to see in the Imperial would fit in. Only found a few and they were either ridiculously priced or not acceptable to the boss for some reason or another. Finally decided to build. Garge is 25x25 and has a 10 foot ceiling....lift maybe. My queen will fit in with a few feet to spare. My friends think I'm crazy building a house to fit around a car...I know you guys understand.
Tom
60 Crown 4dr Southampton
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 2:12 PM