Re: IML: 78 New Yorker for sale Spokane

Welcome to the club Howard,
   It makes me feel great to know that people your age are
getting interested in THE IMPERIAL / NEW YORKER BROUGHAM.  I was
also seventeen when I got my FIRST Imperial in 1971.  It was 2
years old - a 1969 Imperial LeBaron 4DrHt in triple Blue
(leather).  It was a great car!!! and the car not being very old
meant that MOST parts were still available for it.  The parts
department here in Tucson hated to see me, as I usually wound up
looking up the parts for myself as they were inept in finding
parts for the Imperial.  That dealership went under shortly
afterwards.
   Do you have a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for your car, yet?
If not get one, they come up on eBay on a regular basis - setup
an eBay saved search in an eBay account.  You will find many of
your wustions answered here, or you will be given VERY good idea
on how to answer your questions.  BTW, NO QUESTION is DUMB,
EXCEPT the question remaining un-asked!  Especially, when it
pertains to our Chryslers.  The answer to YOUR question may also
answer questions or problems encountered by OTHERS.

Æyn (& Patrick)
1975 Imperial LeBaron 4DrHt - Moondust Metallic / Parchment /
Parchment Leather
1993 Sedan - White / White / Midnight Blue Leather

and used to own:
1969 Imperial LeBaron 4DrHt - Glacier Blue / Dark Blue / Light
Blue Leather
1990 Fifth Avenue 4DrSd - Champaigne / Champaigne / Light Grey
Cloth