Re: IML: 1952 Air Conditioner //2

Imperialist Joe,

    As an owner of a '56 with a factory authorized dealer installation a/c system, I am without the air intakes you speak of [see Turq on '56 page] which would be located on the rear quarters should the car have come with the a/c factory installed.  At the time of my purchase, I bought a set of intakes to weld onto the rear in the event I undertook an entire restoration and wanted a 'factory' look.  After investigating the matter, I was told that those intakes only account for about 20% of the intake as the recirculation ducts mounted in the rear deck with the blowers actually do 80% of the work, or 100% in my case and I can introduce fresh air via the cowl intake when necessary.

    I guess my point is that the exterior rear intakes are not an absolute necessity if one wants a/c.

Jack