Re: IML: Good friends all

What lucky guys we all are!  Thanks for sharing this information and encouragement.  Have a good week.

Doug Norton

"Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One definition of a friend is someone who tells what you need to hear, not
just what you want. In that regard I am so appreciative of the replies I
received concerning the rebuild and reinstallation of my 58's engine. Over
the last week or so I have been reminded of two important lessons. One, if
you already have one good option, trying to find a second way may simply be
a fool's errand. The second is that getting the motor running is only a
small part of the process. It's after this that the real time, effort and
money start kicking in. I had the great joy of driving my museum's 1924
Ford Model TT truck on Saturday. It had not been started in over a quarter
of a century. Several of my colleagues were very excited and rightly so.
This time is was me who had to be the voice of sobering reality. I said now
the real work begins. My two accomplices in what really was a wonderful
moment both said, almost simultaneously, "Amen, brother." But I didn't
think I was going to live long enough to ever see that Model T run. On this
basis the return of my Imperial to active duty is only a hop, skip and a
jump away. This online club is such a deep resource of experience and
common sense. What a lucky guy I must be.

Hugh